Simon Seddon Creative Media ("Simon Seddon Creative Media", "Simon Seddon", "our" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data Simon Seddon Creative Media collects from you, or that you provide to Simon Seddon Creative Media, will be processed by Simon Seddon Creative Media. Please read the following carefully to understand Simon Seddon Creative Media' views and practices regarding your personal data and how Simon Seddon Creative Media will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Simon Seddon Creative Media.
1. Information we may collect from you
Simon Seddon Creative Media may collect and process the following data about you:
- (a) information that you provide by filling in forms on the website www.philbin-glassrecycling.co.uk ("Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the service, posting material or requesting further services. Simon Seddon Creative Media may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Simon Seddon Creative Media Limited, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- (b) if you contact Simon Seddon Creative Media, they may keep a record of that correspondence.
- (c) Simon Seddon Creative Media may also ask you to complete surveys that Simon Seddon Creative Media use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- (d) details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
Simon Seddon Creative Media may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about their users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.For the same reason, Simon Seddon Creative Media may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Simon Seddon Creative Media to improve their Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Simon Seddon Creative Media:
- (a) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- (b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow them to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- (c) to speed up your searches.
- (d) to recognise you when you return to the Website.
3. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Simon Seddon Creative Media is stored on their secure servers. Where Simon Seddon Creative Media have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Simon Seddon Creative Media ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Simon Seddon Creative Media will do their best to protect your personal data, they cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website;any transmission is at your own risk. Once Simon Seddon Creative Media have received your information, they will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
Simon Seddon Creative Media use information held about you in the following ways:
- (a) to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- (b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Simon Seddon Creative Media or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- (c) to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Simon Seddon Creative Media.
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so.
- (e) to notify you about changes to the service.
Simon Seddon Creative Media may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want Simon Seddon Creative Media to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Simon Seddon Creative Media collect your data.
5. Disclosure of your information
Simon Seddon Creative Media may disclose your personal information to any member of their group, which means their subsidiaries, their ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006. In addition Simon Seddon Creative Media may disclose your personal information to an associated company of Simon Seddon Creative Media and/or the Simon Seddon Creative Media group.
Simon Seddon Creative Media may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- (a) in the event that Simon Seddon Creative Media sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Simon Seddon Creative Media may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- (b) if Simon Seddon Creative Media or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Simon Seddon Creative Media will be one of the transferred assets.
- (c) if Simon Seddon Creative Media are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Simon Seddon Creative Media, their customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask Simon Seddon Creative Media not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Simon Seddon Creative Media will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if they intend to use your data for such purposes or if they intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Simon Seddon Creative Media use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Simon Seddon Creative Media at email@example.com
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Simon Seddon Creative Media' partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Simon Seddon Creative Media do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Simon Seddon Creative Media' costs in providing you with details of the information they hold about you.